Subscribe to get access
Read more of this content when you subscribe today.
I recently was given a copy of the 2010 Green Jobs report by the US Commerce Department. There were five things that really stood out to me in this report. They were:
1. The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of the economy of the United States of America rose by 1-2% from the green economy. This means that products which reduced pollution or saved energy was part of the increase of our countries gross domestic product.
2. From 2003 – 2007 (the years they gauged) jobs rose by 1.8 – 2.4 million (conservative and liberal estimates).
3. In the service sectors was the largest gain of jobs. 13% of the total job increase was due to green service related jobs.
4. This means that “between $371 billion to $516 billion of private sector shipments were from the Green economy.”
5. While it was modest 3% of the total growth to construction was due to green jobs.
In addition, based on these estimates and given the $90 billion the United States Government is investing in the green economy can only spell great things ahead for all of us in tough times and good times.
Spread the word and work to get a Green Job today.
This site is protected by wp-copyrightpro.com