Fuel Efficiency Only in the Twenties
The Highlander Hybrid model’s Hybrid Synergy Drive features a new, more powerful 3.5-liter V6 for 2011, replacing the previous 3.3-liter V6. While it is a V6? it has a “high-torque electric drive motor-generator for total system output of 280 net horsepower and better than that a second rear-mounted motor provides automatic on-demand four-wheel drive traction. Yet, the 2011 Highlander Hybrid receives EPA estimated fuel economy ratings of 28 MPG city and 28 MPG highway.
They need to work on this a little more. Get some more gas mileage please! Drop to a V4 with more electric and you know what’ll happen.
More on Hybrid Electric Cars From The Green Living Guy
- Experimental Hybrid Cars Get Up to 250 Mpg
- Porsche Hybrid Electric Cars Are In The United States. Finally!!
- Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Electric Vehicle honored with prestigious design award from Global Green USA
- Pricing for All-New 2011 Lexus CT 200h to Start Below $30,000!
- Green Living Express!! The New Lexus CT Hybrid EV is Efficient and Sustainable
More from The Green Living Guy:
1. Build Your Own Electric Vehicle by Seth Leitman and Bob Brandt
2. Build Your Own Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle by Seth Leitman
3. Build Your Own Electric Motorcycle by Carl Vogel