In order to match consumer demand for a more eco-conscious lifestyle, the development world is trending towards sustainable residential design and finish out of properties.
There’s currently a new host of “green” appliances and building materials to consider in the initial stages of planning an eco-friendly residential project. While residents want the latest sustainable ideas, costs must be considered as value has also become a commodity in the mix for current buyers.
A prime example this trend resides in Austin, Texas. Fortis Realty answered the call for a more sustainable lifestyle with its wildly successful re-development of 904 West, a multi-residential building.
Green initiatives that 904 West has implemented include:
- Largely recycled/green materials and green building techniques
- The first multi-resident complex in Texas with a solar photovoltaic energy system with panels covering 80 percent of the roof
- Each unit can monitor their solar energy use.
- State-of-the-art tankless water heaters [stored under solar panel on roof]
- 100-percent recessed LED lighting
Bay Systems spray foam insulation, maximizing energy use