Ford C-MAX Hybrid uses a powertrain system that combines the best attributes of the gasoline engine and electric battery-driven motor to deliver an optimal experience for the customer in terms of driving performance and fuel economy. The propulsion system transitions between gas and electric power efficiently and seamlessly.
C-MAX Hybrid uses a version of the SmartGauge display in other Ford hybrids. Long-term fuel efficiency can be displayed in two ways – either as a traditional chart or using an innovative display that shows a growing leafy vine on the right side of the cluster. The more efficient a customer is, the more lush and beautiful the leaves and vines, creating a visual reward for the driver’s efforts.
- Permanent magnet AC electric motor
- High-efficiency 2.0-liter Atkinson-cycle I-4 gasoline engine
- Proven powersplit architecture like that used in other Ford hybrids
- Regenerative braking to capture energy otherwise lost to heat
- Advanced battery system for maximized electric assist