LOS ANGELES, CA – (08/07/12) – Ozoshare, the first social networking platform dedicated to the green world driven solely by the green interests of its members, marked its public launch today. The new site is the first and only private, secure, user friendly social network dedicated to the green community where members connect and share in an increasingly eco-focused world.
“People are realizing that the world ‘going green’ is no longer a choice but our responsibility,” said Thomas Smith, partner, Ozoshare. “Going green is our responsibility for a healthy future and social networking is the current means of mass communication. Ozoshare is the ideal combination of both, it is one step ahead and is the vehicle where people and companies participating in the green world share and connect with others in an interactive, member-driven social media platform. It’s the first social network of its kind for green community members at every level and category from personal interests to technologies and organizations.”
Prior to official launch, grassroots promotions and people’s green passions have built the Ozoshare site to over 3,000 members and growing daily. The site is ideal for green entities such as businesses, groups, organizations, federations, charities, institutions, websites, schools, universities as well as green individuals as they work to raise funds, gain support for green movements, buy and sell green products, educate on green topics and create green related partnerships.
Members share their green messages and missions while staying up to date with current green issues with the members they are “partners” (friends) with. Rather than complicating the experience with other social dimensions, such as the members’ gender, parties or friends, Ozoshare provides a platform specifically for members via their green interests they designated on their Ozoshare bio (profile).
Members can have a business page and/or a personal page and an unlimited number of “partners.”
Members can also create custom pages with personalized tabs that include their website, donation page, newsletter, mission statement, blog and more. Other Ozoshare members “approve” the pages they agree with and all can see the “approves” tally up, just like “liking” a page on Facebook.
- The Buzz: Electronic wall to log discussions and “buzzes”(posts) between partner
- Tree Mail: Inter-network private communication message channel.
- Business-ready platform: Ability to own a personal and/or business page and have a limitless number of partners (friends).
- Customization: Create unique pages with custom tabs within the “bio” section such as a website, donation page, newsletter, mission statement, blog, or other. Members can visit while on Ozoshare and “approve” them.
- Multiple Accounts: Efficient multi-account management with the ability to “tab” through accounts without logging in and out.
- Interest Aggregation: The Green Interest Page — assembles interest-based content on the site via members green passions. This includes groups, events and members associated with specific green interests such as recycling, green technology, ecology, etc.
- Pow Wows: An open, private or secret pow wow (group) customized and formed by the Ozoshare member via their desired “green interest.” Members create, participate or search for Pow Wows to branch out further and share ideas, links, photos and video. Every member of a Pow Wow receives a “rooster” notification when there is a buzz (post). Privacy settings are customized by the Pow Wow administrator to set up an 1. an “Open Pow Wow” that anyone can view and request to join 2. “A Private Pow Wow” where anyone can view but only join through invitation or 3. “A Secret Pow Wow” which can not be found or viewed and joined only by invitation.
Julie Benz, known for her work on Dexter and Desperate Housewives and also a green/eco advocate, expressed support for the new green community.
“Ozoshare helps me learn how to live more eco-friendly and green. It makes me feel like a part of the green community and I can now share what I learn with others. Plus it’s really simple to use. I really believe it’s only a matter of time before other celebrities, organizations, and consumers find out about this exciting resource. Go green!”
According to Seth Leitman, green living expert atGreenLivingGuy.com and provider of information and tips on Green Living; as well as the editor of McGraw-Hill’s Green Guru Guides, “The green steamroller is increasing in momentum with individuals and companies accelerating the movement.”
“Ozoshare provides a platform for the green world that allows for collaboration, discussions and activities in a way that really differentiates them from other social networks,” said Leitman. “The ability to have multiple accounts under a single login with simple tabbing that really simplifies management. There is no limit to the number of partners (friends) that personal or business page owners can follow, removing the limits to collaboration. The biggest advantage of Ozoshare is that it is driven by green interests which link members to the people and organizations they want to connect with. This results in greater conversion for organizations and a more satisfying experience for individuals.”
Ozoshare members using the “Ozo Seal” on their websites or marketing materials identify themselves as active in the green movement. While serving to increase a member’s partner network with like-minded individuals it also serves as a brand of integrity and conscience. The “Ozo Seal,” when clicked, directs the user to the bio page of the member on Ozoshare.
For more information on Ozoshare, please visit: www.ozoshare.com
Ozoshare is the first “green” social networking platform to be driven solely by members with green interests. The green social network is available to businesses, organizations and individuals focused on eco-focused interests, activities and goals. Founded in 2011, Ozoshare is headquartered in Los Angeles and has more than 3,000 members. For more information, please visit: www.ozoshare.com.
More On Green Living News from The Green Living Guy:
The Suburbs, Unplugged (NYPA/THINK Clean Commute Program)- NY Times
GE Technology and How It Will Help Integrate Electric Vehicles
Green Students Bring New Energy Ideas Northwest Style
Renewable Energies For Your Home by Russel Gehrke
Do-it-Yourself Home Energy Audits by David Findley