Call2Recycle Getting Most from Rechargeable Batteries
Follow these simple tips from Call2Recycle, a product stewardship organization managing the only no-cost battery and cellphone collection program in North America, so you can get the most out of your cordless electronic products’ rechargeable batteries:
- Read the guidelines. There are specific recommended battery charging times for each individual product, read through these and follow the guidelines before using it for the first time.
- Wait til it’s dead. Never return a fully-charged battery to the charger for an extra boost. This will shorten the life of the battery.
- Know the difference. Never place a non-rechargeable battery in a battery charger.
- Don’t let it sit! If your rechargeable battery is done charging, remove it from the charger.
- Cool it. Let a discharged battery cool to room temperature before recharging.
When they no longer hold a charge and it’s time to buy a replacement rechargeable battery, make sure to recycle your old one! To find a drop-off location nearest you, call toll free: 1-877-2-RECYCLE or visit www.call2recycle.org.