Apple-Metro, Inc., the New York Metro-Area Applebee’s franchisee, will open New York City’s first USGBC LEED Gold Certified Restaurant on Monday, December 10 , 2012.
This environmentally-friendly restaurant, located in the East River Plaza at 117th St., East of Pleasant Ave. in New York City, will mark Apple-Metro, Inc.’s 35th Applebee’s location.
Not only does this sit-down, casual dining restaurant at 117th St. in Manhattan offer a comfortable environment for 350+ diners, this USGBC LEED Gold Certified location is equipped with over 40 environmentally-friendly upgrades including rainwater and daylight harvesting, waterless urinals, LED light fixtures, Energy Star equipment, living walls, and reclaimed wood (expanded list attached). At the front of the restaurant there will be a Green Education Touch Screen.
All which will inform customers about the features that make the restaurant environmentally-friendly and the benefits of living in a green environment.
In addition, free Wi-Fi service and also Personal Viewing Systems. Thereby enabling guests to hear what they are watching on Applebee’s Flat Screen TVs are also available for the guest’s convenience.
The restaurant’s regular business hours will also be Sunday through Thursday. That’s from 11am to midnight. As well as Friday-Saturday, from 11am to 1am. As well, to-go service will also be available.
On November 9th, Apple-Metro opened a restaurant located in Parkchester on 75 Metropolitan Oval, Bronx. With the addition of Applebee’s 117th St. and Parkchester, Apple-Metro, Inc. will create more than 300 local neighborhood jobs. Apple-Metro, Inc. also plans to open additional restaurants throughout 2013. Moreover and is confident that their continued growth and environmental focus will be combined. Finally, it will be met with customer and neighborhood acclaim.
Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar
East River Plaza
117th St. & Pleasant Avenue
New York, NY 10029
Expanded List of LEED Gold Certified Elements:
- Rainwater harvesting
- White reflective rubber roof – partial
- Larger Planters on small setback roof
- Energy reduction
- Energy Stat TV’s
- Daylight harvesting –Skylights and Rooftop Greenhouse that work in conjunction with sensors that control the lighting levels automatically
- Automatic window shades
- Green education – Touch screen
- Waterless urinals
- Tankless HW Heaters
- LED light fixtures
- Dimmer controls
- Occupancy sensors
- Air curtains
- LED Exterior Signs
- Most interestingly recycled foam in walk in cooler walls.
- Recycled PVC floor in the Kitchen and Recycled carpet in the Dining Room
- Bamboo bar& counter tops
- High R walls/Roofs – Metl Span
- Eco power flushometers
- High efficiency toilets
- Daikin – Energy efficient Condensing Units and AHU’s with heat recovery
- Air Purification Unit
- Energy star equipment
- Steel, Rebar, Drywall, Ceiling tiles, wallpaper, and flooring with a high recycled content
- Rapidly renewable resources
- More importantly also sourcing materials locally
- Furthermore, recycle construction debris’
- Outdoor Air Delivery Monitoring, therefore with CO2 Sensors.
- Also, stormwater design and more quality controls.
- Removed the heat island effect. Painted roof not black.
- Most interestingly a water efficient landscape
- Storage and also collection of recyclables
- Pulper and also extractor, most importantly at the dishwashing unit
- More importantly Heat Loss Recovery
- Consequently VFD hood and also HVAC Controls
- Also Living walls
- Furthermore Reclaimed wood
- Finally Bamboo Chandeliers
Sources: About Apple-Metro, Inc. and Applebee’s (www.applebees.com) New York, NY – November 26, 2012 –