Company Celebrates Environmental Organization’s Leadership with Interactive Media Lounge and Platinum Membership
PEARL RIVER, NY (November 18, 2013) – Hunter Douglas, the world market leader in window coverings and a major manufacturer of architectural products, celebrated the 20th year of the United States Green Building Council (USGBC) and the rise of “Greenbuild Nation” by sponsoring an interactive lounge for all media attending the Greenbuild International Conference and Expo which was from November 20-22, 2013.
“Our ongoing relationship with the USGBC has given Hunter Douglas an opportunity to connect with fellow green innovators in the manufacturing, home-building, architecture, and design communities,” said Marv Hopkins, President and Chief Executive Officer of Hunter Douglas. “The USGBC’s work over the past two decades has transformed how we all approach commercial and residential design and construction. The legacy they continue to build fits well with our commitment to creating products that lower energy consumption, reduce waste, and make interior environments look and perform better.”
Hunter Douglas also renewed its commitment to the USGBC’s work by extending its partnership as a Platinum Member of the organization. The partnership represents both organizations’ investment in raising awareness of sustainability and fueling development of processes and products to safeguard the health of the environment.
A number of key representatives from Hunter Douglas will attend the Greenbuild show to discuss the manufacturer’s latest solutions and initiatives, such as:
· Insulating window treatments that can reduce unwanted solar heat gain by up to 80% and reduce heat loss through windows by up to 45%
· Daylighting systems that reduce glare, manage solar gain and diffuse and draw natural light deeper into the room, saving energy by optimizing use of natural light
· Automated control systems for solar shading and window coverings that can adjust in response to the position of the sun
· Earthcare™ and GreenScreen® Revive roller shade fabrics, innovative new materials made from bioplastics and post-consumer recycled plastics
· Ceiling solutions that incorporate 70% or more post-consumer recycled content and that radically reduce use of wood and other materials
· Fabrics that can block up to 99% of damaging UV rays
· The Hunter Douglas Platinum™ App that makes it easy to more precisely control motorized window coverings
Source: Hunter Douglas and Greenbuild International Conference & Expo
This site is protected by wp-copyrightpro.com