Renewable energy is being constantly produced and replenished, it comes from natural sources and elements around the world. Preserving these types of energy is considered much safer and healthier than burn fossil fuels as this type of energy tends to make for clearer air and a much fresher environment. The main reason for the uses of renewable energy is that it is much better for the environment and doesn’t have as much of a bad impact on Global Warming as fossil fuels do. As expected, the idea of renewable energy is also incredibly appealing internationally as it saves a lot of money and is easier to tend.
We are extensively relying on fuels that will eventually run out and that in the mean time are causing damage to the environment. Therefore, sources of renewable energy are the best way forward.
It is an aspiration of many that we will have a future that is reliant on 100% renewable energy only, resulting in socio-economic development and a safer global society.
The conservation of renewable energy will essentially tackle climate change and make for a better planet because these energy sources do not produce greenhouse gases like fossil fuels do, and greenhouse gasses are the potential causes of severe climate change.
The current renewable energy resources are as follows:
● Wind energy – This type of energy is a fantastic source for domestic electricity and is affordable and very efficient. The installment of wind turbines is increasingly becoming more popular around the world, America already has enough wind turbines to power around 11 million houses. At the moment, only 6 percent of the nation’s electricity comes from wind energy, however it is predicted that this could increase to at least 30% in future years. Wind energy is good for the environment as it is pollution free and consumes no water.
● Solar power – Energy taken from the sun has proven to be a much cheaper resource and the use of solar panels is becoming much more prevalent. The great thing about solar power is that it is infinitive and therefore will remain renewable. Solar power now has the capabilities to power all types of things such as radios and and mobiles, even when you are out of the home.
● Biomass – This is the category that takes energy from plants. Crops and forest residues are examples of where the energy may come from. The plants can make fuel for heat or electricity, at a very cheap price. It reduces the chance of global warming and also cleans both air and water, moreover, it is not as effective as some of the other renewable resources but is definitely a better and more safer option than using fossil fuels.
● Geothermal energy – This type of energy comes from under the Earth from hot spas and steam reservoirs. It is beneficial as it is green and clean and will also give off heat constantly. The geothermal power plants remain safe and healthy as they do not emit much air pollution and also comes in handy for use at any time of day or situation, unlike sun or wind that is only available at certain times.
● Hydropower – Energy is produced from the kinetic energy of moving water and and is one of the most favoured ways for mass energy. A lot of electric supply in the US is formed by hydropower accounting for 6% of their renewable resources. Some facilities can be damaging to the environment or any sea life, whereas current existing facilities that are still in use cause a lot less damage.
Present Uses of Renewable Energy
Countries such as Germany and Denmark are already on their way to becoming completely dependant on renewable energy and have boosted their citizen participation. Many worries about the future of renewable energy revolves around the job sector and how it may affect employment, however, there is already evidence that these worries are irrelevant.
Germany has already increased in job availabilities with over 380,000 vacancies since 2008, when we fell into global economic crisis. The success of this revolution in Germany has resulted in over 800 million euros being invested into renewable resources by energy cooperatives. With this employment growth and the growth of renewable resources, Germany is expected to have a big increase in tax revenue over the next few years.
Although Germany has had huge success, Denmark has been an incredible success with 100% of their energy now being renewables. They have been a fossil fuel free society since 2008, and their local community has become much fresher and more energy efficient.
It is important to note that we cannot solely depend on wind, solar and biomass power as these current energy resources may not be enough to fuel sufficiently. Innovation is the key to having a renewable energy future that will be sustainable and highly utilizable. The advancement in technology is something that needs to be encouraged more for energy resources, as this will ensure that we can use energy that will be powerful enough to be used for electricity and heating alike.
Advancement in technology is already underway as more scientists are discovering natural resources that can create energy. A German scientist has discovered the use of seaweed and how it can produce adequate amounts of energy, he has then developed a system that will generate this energy.
At the moment, solar panels and other generators of renewable resources are being installed in a lot of green technology as well as in household items. It is predicted that by 2020 equipment and technology will be much more energy efficient through the use of the current resources as well as any combination resources and new ideas that may be generated.
What do you think of this blog? What do you think about the future of renewable energy? Please let us know in the comments below.
This blog was written by Jennifer Smith on behalf of Conwy Valley Plumbing, an expert in all areas of plumbing.