Summer vacations may have passed, but the changing leaves and cooler temps of fall makes it an ideal time to plan an eco-friendly weekend road trip around California. Zem Joaquin, green lifestyle expert and founder of Ecofabulous, has tips on what environmentally friendly items to bring, where to stay and where to eat from Sacramento to Los Angeles.
What to drive: Any eco-friendly road trip needs an environmentally conscious vehicle and the new Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive is a first among electric vehicles with its roomy silhouette that’s perfect to haul everything from your luggage to snacks. It has an 85-mile range and planned routes can be displayed, showing at a glance where the vehicle can be recharged along the way. Perks for road trips: You can avoid traffic by using the HOV lanes and save money by not paying for gas.
What to pack:
1) Reusable bags – These are key for organized storage of the souvenirs you will inevitably pick-up along the way. Plus they are great for separating snacks, clothes, shoes and electronics like cameras or chargers.
2) Refillable water bottles like stainless steel S’well bottles or glass LifeFactory or BKR bottles – these cut down on plastic waste.
3) People Towels are reusable towels that are helpful for a quick clean up after a hiking adventure.
4) Prevent sunburns with Elemental Herbs sunscreen made with organic ingredients
Where to go:
1) The Greene Boheme in Sacramento
2) Recology’s Artist in Residence Program in San Francisco
3) Golden Gate Park in San Francisco
4) Orchard Garden Hotel in San Francisco
5) Los Angeles Farmers Market
6) Hiking in Los Angeles
7) Café Gratitude in Los Angeles
8) Shore Hotel in Los Angeles
Please feel free to share the above tips with your readers. If you are interested in learning more about planning an eco-friendly road trip, I am happy to connect you with Zem Joaquin to provide additional tips and destination suggestions
This site is protected by wp-copyrightpro.com