The book green lighting has been exceeding expectations and was released for the Green Guru Guide series. Green Lighting shows home and business owners how to save big money with the latest in efficient lighting technology, and we hope it’s an enlightening read to boot.
This do-it-yourself guide makes it easy to upgrade residential and commercial lighting to reduce costs and environmental impact while maintaining or even improving the quality of the lighting. Filled with step-by-step instructions, Green Lighting shows you how to save money and energy with light-emitting diodes (LEDs), compact fluorescent lighting (CFL), solar lights, windows, skylights, fixtures, controls, and other bright ideas. Methods for calculating return on investment, plus recommended sources for energy-efficient products, are included in this practical resource. Green Lighting covers:
- Color temperature measurements
- In-depth details on the differences between LEDs and CFLs
- How utilities bill for electricity usage
- Comparing wattage and determining energy savings
- ENERGY STAR® ratings
- Purchasing appropriate bulbs, fixtures, and sensors
- Developing a comprehensive green lighting plan for your entire home, office, or commercial environment
- Incandescent, halogen, and gas-discharge lighting
- Solar and next-generation lighting
- Saves up to 90 percent energy, compared to incandescent, up to 50 percent over CFL.
- Lifetime around 25 years, based on 4 hours of operation daily
- Warm white light (+/- 3000 K)
- Very energy efficient – 6 watt, replaces up to 60 watt incandescent
- High light output (> 300 lumen)
- Fits most regular fixtures
- Contains no mercury
|power (in watt)||60||11||6|
|lifespan (in years)||‹ 1||5,5||25|
|CO2 savings per year (in kg)||–||41||45|
I really appreciate what an LED lile you see kinm Home Depot from Philips stands for which is inexpensive should not mean cheap. Mass appeal of the bulbs cuts the cost of quality LEDs by close to 50 percent and then reducing energy costs by up to 90%. However the last time I had heard from them was in 2007 in this article from Treehugger. It is clear that their prices need to be promoted more.
The warm white LED lamp sheds a warm white sunset golden color, ideal for creating a warm atmosphere. This bulb is also dimmable. This light works wonderfully well for reading lights and table lamps.
more from The Daily Green