LED bulbs are really cost effective and great light.
As talked about in the Green Lighting book, there need to be replacements to incandescent bulbs that are easy for people to switch over. A simple A bulb in a lamp is the easiet start like one of my clients MSi Lighting has with 3M.
Here are some other benefits of LED bulbs.
Saves up to 90 percent energy, compared to incandescent, up to 50 percent over CFL.
- Lifetime around 25 years, based on 4 hours of operation daily
- Warm white light (+/- 3000 K)
- Very energy efficient – 6 watt, replaces up to 60 watt incandescent
- High light output (> 300 lumen)
- Fits most regular fixtures
- Contains no mercury
|Incandescent||CFL||6 Watt LED|
|power (in watt)||60||11||6|
|lifespan (in years)||‹ 1||5,5||25|
|Savings/year (in €)||–||15,00||17,00|
|CO2 savings per year (in kg)||–||41||45|