Even now, there are quite a few people who face problems with hard water on quite a regular basis. Well, as long as there are minerals in the ground, that is going to happen for sure. What is more surprising is that there are many people who don’t seem to comprehend how harmful the problem of hard water can be in the long run. That’s why people get the right water softeners.
A lot of people out there may very well be asking the question even now “What makes hard water so harmful in general?”, before addressing that, let us get into the details of what exactly hard water is all about in the first place.
Most importantly, hard water is basically water that is composed of dissolved salts and minerals. They are such as magnesium and calcium that end up causing a wide array of problems. That’s such as dull hair, itchy skin, worn-out laundry and a shorter appliance lifespan. Furthermore, when there is a lack of foam in a lather while having a bath or the formation of limescale in water heaters. Then you know for certain that you are dealing with hard water.
Now when it comes down to the aspect of a water softener, it is a cost-effective and easy solution to hard water. The ways it works is that it primarily uses an ion exchange to replace the harsh magnesium and calcium salts. All with a harmless form of sodium. With this setup, the end result is smooth, normal water that is perfect for any tap in your home. Now let’s get into the five main ways in which purchasing one can help. Especially you save money in the long run!
1. No extra money on appliances: With hard water, the sheer efficiency and life of your plumbing in total will be substantially reduced, plus there will be a lot more breakdowns to deal with. This will automatically lead to you having to replace expensive appliances a lot more often. With a good water softener, you won’t have to worry about any rising appliance bills, plus they are truly built to last in every way possible.
2. You will not be wasting soap or water. Since it is hard water, you will need more water to create a lather. Thus wasting large quantities of both soap and water at the same time. Plus, you will have to buy additional lotions and moisturisers. That’s because hard water makes the skin extremely dry. With normal water, all of those problems will vanish in an instant.
3. Less energy consumption in general. With hard water, there will be an additional load on all the water heaters. All out there leading to a reduction in their efficiency. This, in turn, will increase your energy bill. Also your water usage. A water softener will make sure that your energy bill always stays right. Meaning within the acceptable monthly limit. You can be absolutely sure of that fact.
4. You will save a considerable bit of time. With the additional hassles and repairs that come with hard water, you will end up wasting a lot of your precious time. Plus, your water will run slower with hard water. So with clean water, you will have fewer water stains. All to clean up and watch out for.
5. No extra effort needed. With hard water, there will be a great amount of effort from your end. That’s just to make sure that there are no stains. No stains to take care of or even the fact that all your bathroom fittings need extra maintenance. With a well-chosen, high-quality or the right water softener, everything be easier to manage. Although a professional service, you make sure that softener salt is delivered to you.
Having illustrated all of the above facts, what is equally important for you to remember is the fact that one also needs to make sure that the right water softener is chosen for your home. There are no two ways about that. Cause after all, the hardness of water may vary on different aspects such as the groundwater supply as well as the locality and local water systems in your area. Nowadays, what is even more worrying is the fact that heavy metals and other contaminants such as sulfur, iron and the like can add to the overall toxicity and hardness of the groundwater table. Hence, having an overall idea of the quality of the soil around your home is probably the best place to start.
In order to make sure that you get your hands on the right water softener, contacting a professional service for help would be the ideal way to go about it. You will also be in a better position to call a service once you have figured out the cause of excessive hard water buildup in your water supply. That way the service will be able to figure out what to do in a much shorter time period than otherwise.
The Green Living Guy, Seth Leitman is a green living expert, celebrity and Editor of the McGraw-Hill, TAB Green Guru Guides. Seth is also an Author, Radio Host, Reporter, Writer and a Environmental Consultant on green living. The Green Living Guy writes about green living, green lighting, the green guru guides and more. Seth's books range from:
# Build Your Own Electric Vehicle by Bob Brant and Seth Leitman (2nd and 3rd editions)
# Build Your Own Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle by Seth Leitman
# Build Your Own Electric Motorcycle by Carl Vogel
# Green Lighting by Seth Leitman, Brian Clark Howard and Bill Brinsky
# Solar Power For Your Home by David Findley
# Renewable Energies For Your Home by Russel Gehrke
# Do-it-Yourself Home Energy Audits by David Findley
# Build Your Own Small Wind Power System by Brian Clark Howard and Kevin Shea
# and more green living books to follow.