Thanks to the folks at Amazon!
This is without: Full of industry-leading safety and design features, this vehicle raises the bar for next generation delivery.
Just a year since announcing The Climate Pledge, Amazon is excited to reveal its first custom electric delivery vehicle, designed and built in partnership with Rivian.
In support of The Climate Pledge commitment to be net zero carbon by 2040, 10,000 Amazon custom electric delivery vehicles will be on the road delivering to customers worldwide as early as 2022 and all 100,000 by 2030. This is one of three different models that Amazon has invested in and completely customized with Rivian to enhance the driver experience and optimize safety.
“When we set out to create our first customized electric delivery vehicle with Rivian, we knew that it needed to far surpass any other delivery vehicle. We wanted drivers to love using it and customers to feel excited when they saw it driving through their neighborhood and pulling up to their home,” said Ross Rachey, Director of Amazon’s Global Fleet and Products. “We combined Rivian’s technology with our delivery logistics knowledge, and the result is what you see here-the future of last mile delivery.”
“The vehicle we’ve developed with Amazon is not just electric. We prioritized safety and functionality to create a vehicle that’s optimized for package delivery,” said RJ Scaringe, Rivian CEO. “We thought through how drivers get in and out of the van, what the work space feels like and what the work flow is for delivering packages.”
Amazon’s custom electric vehicle is packed with industry leading safety, navigation and design features, including:
1. State-of-the-art sensor detection, a suite of highway and traffic assist technology, and a large windshield to enhance driver visibility.
2. Exterior cameras around the vehicle that are linked to a digital display inside the cabin, giving the driver a 360-degree view outside the vehicle.
3. Alexa integration for hands-free access to route information and the latest weather updates.
4. A strengthened door on the driver’s side for additional protection.
5. A “dancefloor” inside the driver’s cabin for easy movement inside the van.
6. Bright tail lights surrounding the rear of the vehicle to easily detect braking.
7. Three levels of shelving with a bulkhead door, which can easily be opened and closed for additional driver protection while on the road.
To easily detect braking, bright lights surround the rear of Amazon’s first custom electric delivery vehicle.
Alexa integration allows for hands-free access to route information and the latest weather updates.
Exterior cameras around the vehicle are linked to a digital display inside the cabin, giving the driver a 360 degree view outside the vehicle.
The vehicle has state of the art sensor detection, a suite of highway and traffic assist technology, and a large windshield to enhance driver visibility.
There are three levels of shelving with a bulkhead door, which can easily be opened and closed for additional driver protection while on the road.
Finally and also a headlight on Amazon’s custom electric delivery vehicle.
In conclusion, the driver’s seat inside Amazon’s custom electric delivery vehicle.
For the entire story