Led by Sierra EV Denali Edition 1 with a 400-mile range1, GMC becomes industry’s first brand with three all-electric trucks
GMC’s introduction of the first-ever Sierra EV marks a turning point for the premium truck brand. This is as it expands its portfolio of all-electric trucks. Led by the 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1. For this electric truck offers serious pickup capability. That’s also with a GM-estimated 400 miles of range1 on a full charge. Moreover unique features. Those made possible only by its dedicated EV truck platform.
“This is the Denali of EVs — and a truck that is every bit a GMC,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick and GMC. “That means it leaves nothing on the table when it comes to hauling, towing and overall power while unlocking even more possibilities around what a GMC pickup can offer.”
GMC will be the only brand to offer three all-electric trucks, with the Sierra EV joining the popular GMC HUMMER EV Pickup and SUV2. Underpinning these three trucks is GM’s groundbreaking Ultium Platform, which enables incredible versatility and optimal performance in an all-electric truck.
The 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1 will be available at launch in early 2024.
GMC will introduce the Sierra EV AT4 and Elevation trims in the 2025 model year.
“The 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1 is just the beginning,” said Aldred. “It will offer customers our very latest in technology, capability and luxury delivered in a way only GMC can do — with much more to come. From the HUMMER EV supertruck to the first-ever Sierra EV, GMC continues to write the next chapter in its future as a premium truck and SUV brand.”
1. GM-estimated range of 400 miles (640 km)1 on a full charge
2. An estimated 754 horsepower and 785 lb-ft of torque in Max Power mode
3. Onboard Power Station Pro turns Sierra EV Denali into a mobile power source, with up to 10.2kW of off-board power that can be used in a variety of situations3
4. 800 Volt DC Public Fast Charging capable at up to 350kW, enabling up to 100 miles of range in approximately 10 minutes4 — the best charging capability in the EV truck segment
So besides the 16.8-inch-diagonal freeform infotainment5touchscreen folks let’s note. It’s the largest ever in a Sierra. So it’s even got trailering-capable Super Cruise6 hands-free driver assistance technology. I mean on more than 400,000 miles of compatible roads in the U.S. and Canada.
3. Besides the customizable drive modes, including Max Power mode it’s got boost. Like 0-60 mph acceleration in less than 4.5 seconds (GM estimate).
4. Air Ride Adaptive Suspension that both enables a more comfortable ride. That’s as well as the ability to raise or lower the truck by approximately 2 inches.
5. EV-enabled propulsion technologies including Regen on Demand Braking14, One-Pedal Driving15and 4-Wheel Steer with CrabWalk7.
Now that’s a new one to me.
- Versatility and next-generation GMC functional design enabled by the Ultium Platform
- GMC-first MultiPro Midgate™ expandable bed offers room for hauling longer items, while still enabling room for a rear-seat passenger
- eTrunk™ increases cargo room capability with lockable, weatherproof compartment at the front of the vehicle
- Up to 9,500 pounds (4,309 kg) max towing capacity8
Serious EV Power
Front and rear electric drive units channel a GM-estimated 754 horsepower and 785 lb-ft of torque to the wheels via an e4WD system in Max Power mode, giving the truck exceptional traction and capability in almost every driving scenario.
The foundation of the all-new Sierra EV’s range, performance and capabilities is the revolutionary Ultium Platform, first seen on the GMC HUMMER EV supertruck. After the launch of the Sierra EV Denali Edition 1, GMC will introduce additional trims with a selection of ranges and trailering ratings.
Additionally, the 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1’s Power Station Pro allows the truck to be used as a mobile power source in multiple situations. With the available Ultium Power Bar accessory, the 2024 Sierra EV offers 10.2kW of off-board power through up to 10 outlets that can help power tools and other accessories on the trail or at a campsite, as needed. When properly equipped, the Sierra EV Denali’s Power Station Pro can even power another EV.
This off-board power capability means that with the right configuration, such as a bi-directional charger and additional products and services offered through GM Energy’s Ultium Home line, the Sierra EV Denali Edition 1 can power a home’s essential necessities, for up to 21 days collectively10.
DETROIT. GMC PRESS