Source: Ford Motor Company
The lights around Ford’s Dearborn, Mich., campus are going to get more efficient, as a new lighting project kicks off that will bring an estimated energy reduction of more than 18.2 million kilowatt-hours – enough to power 1,648 U.S. residential homes for a year.
- Retrofitting existing fixtures
- Optimizing the use of day lighting
- Replacing incandescent exit signs with LED exit signs
- Controlling unoccupied areas with occupancy sensors
- Replacing incandescent and halogen lamps with compact fluorescent and LED lamps