Recognized for Sustained Leadership to Protect Environment.
This is Raising Awareness of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency.
So LG Electronics has been recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) with the 2016 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence Award. That’s for continued leadership in protecting the environment. All through energy efficient consumer electronics and home appliance products. Moreover, LG also earned the 2016 ENERGY STAR Climate Communicator Award. Most noteworthy and for efforts to raise consumers’ awareness of the impact of climate change.
EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy applauded LG for its accomplishments. “By continued collaboration with ENERGY STAR, LG is helping Americans save money. Also save energy, and do their part. Especially to reduce our nation’s greenhouse gas emissions that exacerbate climate change. In addition, LG demonstrates a strong commitment to energy efficiency and to preserving a healthy planet for future generations. So I’m proud to recognize LG with our highest form of recognition, as ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence,” she said.
Recognized as ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year for the five consecutive years.
I mean LG is committed. Most importantly to developing the most innovative and energy-efficient products. Those that provide consumers with superior performance. All the while lessening the impact on the planet. This was said by Cho. I mean who was named by CR Magazine as Responsible CEO of the Year. All in large part due to his leadership in energy efficiency and environmental sustainability.
According to the EPA, “LG distinguished itself as a champion for improving the environment through energy efficiency. Thereby conveying the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified products.”
Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Offering hundreds of ENERGY STAR certified models in a range of product categories including clothes washers, clothes dryers, refrigerators, televisions and monitors, and increasing the total number of ENERGY STAR certified models by 15 percent over 2014.
- Promoting the ENERGY STAR 2015 Flip Your Fridge program with a breakthrough campaign on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and announcing its full-fledged support of the 2016 Flip Your Fridge program.
- Generating billions of impressions with an ongoing nationwide campaign about the impact of climate change and the benefits of ENERGY STAR, including integrating ENERGY STAR messaging into LG’s fan fest presence at the NCAA® Men’s Final Four® and highlighting ENERGY STAR on LG’s New York Times Square Billboard.
- Increasing its trade show presence with ENERGY STAR certified products featured at 10 events, including CES® and Greenbuild, among others.
- Reaching its more than 2,000 U.S. employees with updated materials featuring ENERGY STAR certified products and ways to reduce their own environmental impact.
Highlighting LG’s 2016 Climate Communicator Award, EPA Administrator McCarthy said, “LG has helped consumers understand how their energy-saving actions can have a positive impact on the climate.”
The 2016 ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence Awards are given to organizations to recognize their contributions to reducing harmful carbon pollution. All through superior energy efficiency efforts. These awards recognize ongoing leadership across the ENERGY STAR program. That’s including energy-efficient products. Also services, new homes, and buildings. That’s in the commercial, industrial, and public sectors.
Since its inception in 1992, ENERGY STAR and its partners have helped prevent a total of more than 2.4 billion metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions. In 2015 alone, ENERGY STAR and its partners provided more than $11 billion in societal benefits. That’s due to reducing damages from climate change.
In addition, LG’s ENERGY STAR accomplishments were recognized in Washington on April 13.