This article is about some wholesome bowls that you can easily cook at home and you can often make them because you can literally use the available ingredients present in your home. If you don’t have certain ingredients that you don’t have at home, you can always substitute them with whatever alternate is present at your home. These recipes have one common ingredient and that is green veggies like you can get from Dinnerly Coupons. Yet, they are so simple that it’s so hard to go wrong with them.
Let’s dive in…
Golden Tempeh Nourish Bowl
We are going to be cooking some golden tempeh nourish bowl with some seasoned red rice and portobello kale sauté. In this recipe, tempeh can be replaced with tofu if you don’t have them at home.
- Starting with cutting 1cm to 2cm cubes of tempeh. To enhance the flavors a little more, you will have to marinate it. in a medium heated flame, add one glass of orange juice. Also add a quarter cup of tahini with a sesame seed paste, four cloves of crushed garlic, one tablespoon of meso paste, and one tablespoon of Sambal Oelek (hot sauce). Then add two teaspoons of freshly cut ginger and finally two teaspoons of turmeric powder. Mesh it and whisk it until it’s all well combined.
- Once you have mixed everything, you can transfer the tempeh or tofu as an alternate, into the bowl. Give it a good toss until tempeh and completely coated. Then, you will have to sit and wait for marination. Do it for as long as possible, even if it’s for a few minutes, it’s good.
- Take some red rice. It takes longer to cook them so it’s better to soak them one night before, you are planning to cook this meal. If you don’t have brown rice, you can use white rice, quinoa, etc. while cooking rice adds a piece of mushroom stock cubes for taste.
- Back to tempeh, take the tempeh out in a separate bowl. Keep the orange juice sauce in a separate container for later use. Sprinkle two tablespoons of cornstarch. Toss it nicely to mix it well.
- To medium-high heat, you are going to add two tablespoons of vegetable oil. When it’s hot, gently add tempeh one after another. Pan fry it, until it’s golden on all sides and completely cooked. Set it aside in a separate container.
- For the tempeh bowl, you will need two portobello mushrooms. Thinly slice, two mushrooms, and two medium-sized carrots.
- Take a separate pan and add two tablespoons of oil and add mushrooms until mushrooms are slightly golden then add carrots along with four cups of cut-up kale. Once all the ingredients are soft and. A little bit crunchy, transfer them into a separate dish.
- Now, all you need to do is to assemble all of the ingredients into a separate bowl. On the bottom, pile on some red rice or white rice. Top it with generous hap of sauteed kale mix and then add on the pan-fried marinated tempeh.
- Also, feel free to top it with any other veggies that you like, topping it with some roasted cashews. Use green onions and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Finally, you are ready to serve it with gold tahini sauce spread on top of it. now, it’s ready to be served.
This is the good thing about nourish bowls, you can just use your own ingredients depending on the amount of nourishment, you’d like to add more and manipulate the recipe according to your fondness. It doesn’t have to be this recipe in particular but could be any recipe that you may like or wish to plan for yourself today!
Garlic Tofu Nourish Bowl
This nourishing bowl consists of black bean garlic tofu and noodles. This bowl contains two types of plant-based proteins.
- Starting off with the first type of proteins i.e., soba noodles – take 200 grams of noodles, add them in boiling water and cook it until it’s done. Then drain the water and rinse it with cold water. Then transfer it to a bowl and drizzle on about a teaspoon of sesame oil to prevent noodles from sticking together. While adding a really nice sesame flavor. Set it aside for now.
- Take a cup and a half of frozen edamame by pouring some oil-in-water over top of it. while we move on to preparing tofu.
- Here, I am using 450 grams block of firm tofu. Then, I am going to squeeze it from my hands just to get extra water out of it. then, cut them into 1cm cubes. Transfer them into a bowl and then we are going to add 2 and a half tablespoons of cornstarch to this. Also, add half a tablespoon of salt and pepper. Then mix this together. Then, on a large frying pan on high heat, we are going to add a tablespoon of vegetable oil and place the tofu on a single layer on the pan. Fry it until it’s golden brown.
- While tofu is frying, prepare the veggies to save time. Cut the head and stem of bok choy into bite-size pieces. Also, cut two handfuls of green beans. Cut two roasted bell peppers that are thinly sliced. These roasted bell peppers give really nice flavor to the nourish bowl.
- Once the tofu is completely cooked, add a tablespoon of black bean garlic sauce. Toss it to coat tofu. Once the tofu is cooked transfer it to a separate dish.
- In a pan, add the freshly cut bok choy heads, green beans a tiny splash of water. Let this cook until it’s softened but still crunchy on the outside. After 3-5 minutes, add the remaining leaves of bok choy with two tablespoons of black bean garlic sauce. Sautée this until the leaves wilt.
- For Sauce – Add three tablespoons of rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons of soya sauce, and half a tablespoon of sesame oil. Mix it together.
- Assemble All Ingredients Together – on the bottom, put soba noodles, then on the top, add green beans and veggies on one side. Then add tofu, followed by some edamame. On one corner, add sliced bell peppers then sprinkle it with some green onions, roasted sesame seeds, and some red chilis. Finally, you can drizzle over on top, the sauce.
That’s it, nourishable number two is ready for eating. You can also create your own kind of nourishable bowls but don’t forget to share the feedback on how it went overall in the comments section below.