The coverage of environmental problems, as well as the understanding of how strong the impact of ecology is on human health, served as an impetus for revising the usual chain of production, consumption, and disposal. The trend of environmental awareness quickly became popular and developed into a separate direction called eco-friendly.
But the increased attention to green initiatives has not only had a positive effect: some manufacturers are actively using the new agenda solely for marketing purposes. What is eco-friendly, what is its use, what brands and products deserve a green label, we will tell in today’s article.
Now you will learn why more and more people in the world adhere to reasonable consumption and why eco-bloggers in 2022 do not even need to buy followers on TikTok for their video tips to be watched by millions of people daily.
What is eco-friendly?
The term eco-friendly means environmentally friendly or environmentally friendly. These are goods and services that meet the requirements of environmental friendliness: they cause less or minimal harm, and some are completely harmless to ecosystems and the environment. In the future, they should replace analogs made of plastic, oil products, and toxic materials.
The eco-friendly coverage area also includes a person’s lifestyle. Agree, it is not enough to give preference to eco-products on the shelves of supermarkets, and consider your task completed.
At the start of this movement, some people decided to run their own social media blogs on the subject. Since now the most popular format is short videos, eco-bloggers run TikTok channels. Through short videos, they talk about the importance of saving the planet and show viewers their way of life.
If earlier such creators had to buy TikTok followers in order to gain popularity, now they rarely use anyone’s help due to the demand for this topic.
An eco-friendly lifestyle is the observance of such simple rules:
- less use of fuel-powered vehicles. If possible, walk or ride in environmentally friendly vehicles (bicycle, scooter, electric skateboard, etc.).
- use natural products, especially products grown in your region (less transport and packaging costs);
- sort garbage or independently recycle plastic or glass containers;
- give preference to green brands;
- economical use of resources (water, electricity, heat);
- take part in volunteer environmental events.
What is the use of such thinking?
One of the obvious and main reasons is a concern for the environment. Despite the technological progress that mankind has been able to achieve in recent decades, in order to solve the situation with industrial emissions, poisoning of water bodies and soils, waste processing has not been done enough.
But the trend is positive:
- Every year there are more and more government programs that support manufacturers of eco-products.
- The growing interest in renewable energy sources;
- Campaigns that pay attention to the state of the environment are being held more and more often, and with them, the number of supporters of responsible consumption is growing. Even 20 years ago, the world could not imagine that so many people around the world would take care of nature.
- Waste sorting is becoming less time-consuming and cost-effective. Public and private initiatives create favorable conditions for good habits.
The benefits of an environmentally friendly lifestyle are not only in the long term. Reducing the amount of electricity consumed, implementing ethical fashion rules for example will save you money. In addition, consider biking rather than driving a car and even growing your own food. That will provide health benefits as well.