Purchasing an electric scooter or a push scooter is a great thing. However, purchasing the right scooter for you or your child is really important too.
Check out this site to determine what is the best electric scooter or push scooter for you and your child.
Electric-bikes.com is really an informative site that I can recommend to everyone to get educated on the ways on personal electric transportation.
eople ride electric scooters because they:
- crave the feel of stand-up scooting — like skiing on land;
- enjoy making local errands fun, quick and easy;
- like to save money, meet new people, and protect the environment;
- still need convenient, point-to-point transportation after losing their driving privleges;
- want their own traffic “lane”, convenient parking spots and shortcuts;
- would use public transportation if they could avoid the “long walk”;
- regularly travel farther than the 1-mile range of kick scooters;
- deserve more fun and freedom in their lives.
For either recreation or transportation, electric scooters offer major advantages over gas-powered scooters:
- Electric scooters are allowed on public transit (bus/train/plane); gas-powered scooters are prohibited.
- Electric scooters are allowed inside public buildings; gas-powered scooters are prohibited.
- Noise and air pollution of gas-powered scooters is eliminated (along with public disapproval).
- Due to the simplicity of electric motors, less maintenance is required.
- Electric motors provide quick starts and hill-climbing without the delay of gas engine “ramp up”.
- Although often purchased as a “toy”, electric scooters often live long lives as transportation.
We believe these benefits far outweigh the speed and distance advantages of gas-powered scooters. (Long ranges on a scooter are tiring. Consider an electric bike instead.) To help the undecided, we offer a few questions to clarify your thinking.
Electric Scooter or Electric Bike? – Read what one scooter owner says:
“I bought the Zappy mainly for fun, and that it is. It is definitely one cool little scooter. Personally though, if I was going to spend money for a transportation vehicle, I would opt for one of the electric motor add-on kits for my bicycle. It would be faster, more comfortable, and if an assist is needed on a hill (or you run out of ‘juice’), it seems more natural to pedal a bike than kick the scooter. Bikes, with a rack or trailer, can easily carry extra items.”