Around New York, I always run into people that know of low speed vehicles. It always amazes them that I was involved in the project.
Here was one of them that I coordinated directly.
Here is an excerpt of the press release from the University at Albany:
The University at Albany has received 10 pollution-reducing Global Electric Motorcars (GEM) cars from DaimlerChrysler and the New York Power Authority (NYPA). The GEM cars are part of 130 electric vehicles donated to the State University of New York, Chancellor Robert L. King announced.
“The use of these donated GEM cars on SUNY campuses will reduce by thousands of pounds the emissions of hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide and other gases to protect the environment,” said King. “It will also help SUNY control costs by eliminating the use of more than 15,000 gallons of gasoline per year.”
“I’m proud of SUNY’s and NYPA’s role in encouraging the use of electric vehicles and thank DaimlerChrysler for working with us to improve the environment by expanding the use of alternative energy sources,” said Governor George E. Pataki. “I applaud this effort and encourage all participants to maximize the benefits of these vehicles.”
For the entire release
- Build Your Own Electric Vehicle by Bob Brant and Seth Leitman
- Build Your Own Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle by Seth Leitman
- Build Your Own Electric Motorcycle by Carl Vogel
More On Green Living News from The Green Living Guy:
The Suburbs, Unplugged (NYPA/THINK Clean Commute Program)- NY Times
GE Technology and How It Will Help Integrate Electric Vehicles
Green Students Bring New Energy Ideas Northwest Style
- Green Lighting by Seth Leitman, Brian Clark Howard and Bill Brinsky
- Solar Power For Your Home by David Findley
- Renewable Energies For Your Home by Russel Gehrke
- Do-it-Yourself Home Energy Audits by David Findley
- Build Your Own Small Wind Power System!!