By EVAmerica.com – Bob Batson
- Numerous Nissan dealerships. In Tennessee, almost every public charging station is a Nissan dealership. Smart move- Nissan.
- California has more than 500 charging stations; this is the largest amount. Most states have less than 100. Nine states have none.
- Harley Davidson in Kansas City, MO has a public charging station. What are they planning?
The Fuel Act sponsored by Sen. Kent Conrad (D-ND) wants to authorize $2 billion to selected communities for more charging facilities and incentives to deploy 400,000 EVs.
This makes me wonder how often these charging stations are used.
I remember in 1991 when my Dodge Ram 50 ran out of energy. My solution was to stop at a house and ask to plug in for a short time. The homeowner said they were pleased to help.
Wayne Krauth of the Portland Council of Governments is looking to roll out public charging stations to help promote interest in and adoption of electric vehicles.
If you are a Maine EV driver (or soon to be EV driver!), help us determine how and where the charging station roll-out will occur.
More on Electric Vehicles From The Green Living Guy
Build Your Own Electric Vehicle
Planet Green Post I wrote: Five Reasons Why The Nissan Leaf’s Price will make it work!
Why the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid is More EV Than Hybrid?
More from The Green Living Guy:
1. Build Your Own Electric Vehicle by Seth Leitman and Bob Brandt
2. Build Your Own Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle by Seth Leitman
3. Build Your Own Electric Motorcycle by Carl Vogel