Source: Felix Kramer, Founder of the California Cars Initiative sends regular emails if you subscribe to CalCars. CalCars promotes plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. Today I received an email from him that was very exciting that I just had to share part of it. The reason I didn’t share the rest is you should go to CalCars to subscribe.
Over 20 more carmakers are falling into line with plans for PHEVs — and those that aren’t are doing EVs.
(Shortly after it goes out on email, this posting will also be viewable at http://www.calcars.org/news-archive.html — there you can
add CalCars-News to your RSS feed.)
We’ll soon update our list at our Automakers Page
http://www.calcars.org/carmakers.html . See also information roundups
at http://www.greencarcongress.com/plugins/ and
http://www.pluginamerica.org/vehicles/ . Some of these are showcased
in a slide show at The New York Times website
complete with links to additional information on the vehicles. Here
are our updates, alphabetically:
* AUDI: A1 Sportback or e-tron concept vehicles may be introduced
first in Europe.
* BMW: Vision PHEV concept of 2009 now headed for production in 2013.
* BYD: F3DM may be introduced in US in 2011.
* CHRYSLER: Following its integration with Fiat, proceeding with its
Department of Energy-sponsored demonstration project with 140 Ram
pickup truck PHEVs.
* CITROEN: Revolte (concept).
* DAIMLER: Mercedes Benz Blue Zero and S500 (concepts).
* FISKER: Karma now scheduled for 2011.
* FORD: Escape SUV now set for 2012; C-MAX compact multi-activity
vehicle in Europe by 2013.
* GM: Chevy Volt MPV5 (crossover concept).
* HYUNDAI: Blue Will concept car aimed at 2012.
* JAGUAR LAND ROVER: Range_e four-wheel drive diesel in 2013-2015 and
a possible XJ PHEV (Tata owns JLR).
* KIA: The Ray concept is part of its EcoDynamics project.
* MITSUBISHI: The PX-MiEV aims for production in 2013,
electrically-driven rear wheels giving four-wheel drive capability.
* PEUGEOT: plug-in diesel hybrid in 2012.
* PORSCHE: The 918Spyder (concept) adds a 16-mile all-electric range
to a powerful sports car.
* PROTON: Malaysian manufacturer shows multiple series PHEV concepts,
with its subsidiary, Lotus.
* SUZUKI: Swift concept now going to Japanese dealers for testing in fall 2010.
* TOYOTA: Prius Plug-in around 2012.
* VOLKSWAGEN: The Golf Blue-E-Motion moved from concept to a 2013
date for sale in the U.S; TwinDrive (concept).
* VOLVO: plans diesel series PHEVs in 2012.
This site is protected by wp-copyrightpro.com