This is a celebratory time, when we combine time with family and friends with thoughts about 2011 and our concerns for so many aspects of our future. We can acknowledge our successes in beginning to
change the auto industry, and think about what comes next. We hope you readers of CalCars-News are thinking about what you’ll do next year to continue to address the giant challenges presented by our
global dependence on fossil fuels. And we hope BEFORE YEAR-END you’ll contribute, if you haven’t done so already, to CalCars and the many other organizations working on behalf of your globe and its
inhabitants. More on that below. Plus stay tuned for news in the next few days about a CalCars event to celebrate the arrival in California of the Chevy Volt!
(Shortly after it goes out on email, this posting will also be viewable at http://www.calcars.org/news-archive.html — there you can add CalCars-News to your RSS feed.)
Below is a list of or worthy organizations. But first we ask you to help CalCars continue our efforts. Any donation IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS will have a huge benefit in enabling us to make a big splash for the
delivery of the first production plug-in hybrids to Felix (world’s first consumer owner of a PHEV) and Ron (developer and driver of the world’s first Prius converted PHEV).
If you’ve never contributed, this is a good time to consider a donation as a “performance bonus” based on our success since 2002!
We’re working on five priority areas:
* Ensuring the successful roll-out of the first PHEVs and EVs.
* Promoting the idea of the importance of gas-guzzler conversions as
the big next step after new plug-ins.
* Connecting individuals and groups who want to work on both these issues.
* Working with thought-leaders, legislators, journalists to advance
these goals and combat misinformation.
* Speaking publicly and showing our vehicles at public and private events.
DONATE at http://www.calcars.org/sponsor.html for tax-deductible contributions by credit card, Paypal, Google Checkout or check.
MANY OTHERS are promoting broad vehicle electrification and awareness about the need for imminent action on climate change. We’re not including the large and well-established national organizations. We
apologize in advance if our selected list misses others you like; see more at http://www.calcars.org/partners . We encourage you to join and support:
* PLUG IN AMERICA http://www.pluginamerica.org advocates broadly for all kinds of EVs and PHEVs. See PIA’s entertaining new video ads (fourth one just out) at http://www.youtube.com/pluginamerica
* ELECTRIC AUTO ASSOCIATION http://www.electricauto.org/ with many dozens of local chapters and events.
* PROJECT GET READY http://www.projectgetready.org providing contacts and toolkits to promote the arrival of plug-in vehicles. Its original sponsor is Rocky Mountain Institute http://www.rmi.org , whose
“Reinventing Fire” situates plug-in cars centrally in the vision of a fossil-free world.
* 350.ORG http://www.350.org is a highly energetic grass-roots organization using creative ways to create a global movement to solve the climate crisis.
* If you work in CLEANTECH or want to, check out and consider joining three organizations:
http://www.e2.org and CLEAN ECONOMY NETWORK
http://www.cleaneconomynetwork.org/ both advocate for a new business model to power the world and employ people in businesses that nurture instead of plunder. And CLEANTECH OPEN http://www.cleantechopen.org is where people with new ideas build companies.
Finally, GM’s Auction of the first Volt raised $225K for the Detroit Public Schools Foundation http://volt.charitybuzz.com/ . We’re considering auctioning off Felix’s historic and still well-running
converted Prius. If you’d like to help, contact us at email@example.com
Thanks for your continuing interest, support, and help!
Return of The Electric Car
Why the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid is More EV Than Hybrid?
More from The Green Living Guy:
1. Build Your Own Electric Vehicle by Seth Leitman and Bob Brandt
2. Build Your Own Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle by Seth Leitman
3. Build Your Own Electric Motorcycle by Carl Vogel
More About Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles from The Green Living Guy
The Prius You Can Plug In
Events Rundown: National & California Plus New Global Campaigns by Felix Kramer from CalCars.org
Toyota and New York City will join the company’s U.S. Prius Plug-in Hybrid vehicle (PHV) demonstration program.
This site is protected by wp-copyrightpro.com