Ford C-MAX Energi is a five-passenger multi-activity vehicle offering high mileage and low emissions as well as distinctive body design and a flexible interior. The plug-in hybrid provides maximum fuel efficiency by pairing a high-voltage lithium-ion battery and electric traction motor with a high-efficiency Atkinson-cycle gasoline engine. This means the gasoline engine does not have to run all the time. Best part!!!
The advanced lithium-ion battery system developed and assembled in-house by Ford in Michigan!!!!!!!!!
As I talked about in my book Build Your Own Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle from my Green Guru Guides series and as Ford agrees:
In general, plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) offer several benefits, including:
• Potential consumer savings on energy/fuel costs thanks to improved fuel efficiency over a standard hybrid
• Reduced dependency on petroleum and increased energy independence
• Reduced environmental impact through reductions in greenhouse gas emissions
• Increased use of electricity from renewable energy sources (e.g. wind and solar), where available, for vehicle recharging
C-MAX Energi owners will have access to a suite of driver information systems – on-board and off-board – designed to help them manage the recharge process, plan the most eco-friendly route, monitor battery state of charge and maximize energy efficiency to extend use of electric mode.
• MyFord Touch™ driver connect technology offers unrivaled configurability of vehicle information, including fuel level, battery power level, average and instant miles per gallon
• MyView option allows access to electrical demand data, which influences fuel economy and pure electric driving range
• Brake Coach helps coach drivers to optimize their use of the vehicle’s regenerative brakes to recapture kinetic energy and send it back to the battery, also reducing wear on the brakes
• C-MAX Energi offers MyFord Mobile, which is a smartphone app and website for monitoring key vehicle functions and charge settings while mobile
The Green Living Guy, Seth Leitman is a green living expert, celebrity and Editor of the McGraw-Hill, TAB Green Guru Guides. Seth is also an Author, Radio Host, Reporter, Writer and a Environmental Consultant on green living. The Green Living Guy writes about green living, green lighting, the green guru guides and more. Seth's books range from:
# Build Your Own Electric Vehicle by Bob Brant and Seth Leitman (2nd and 3rd editions)
# Build Your Own Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle by Seth Leitman
# Build Your Own Electric Motorcycle by Carl Vogel
# Green Lighting by Seth Leitman, Brian Clark Howard and Bill Brinsky
# Solar Power For Your Home by David Findley
# Renewable Energies For Your Home by Russel Gehrke
# Do-it-Yourself Home Energy Audits by David Findley
# Build Your Own Small Wind Power System by Brian Clark Howard and Kevin Shea
# and more green living books to follow.