Over the years, CBD has grown to become a buzzword within the healthcare and wellness sectors. The cannabis market has grown extensively thanks to rampant legalization and research highlighting its benefits. As a result, companies are now introducing cannabis and hemp extracts to several products, ranging from chocolates to bath bombs. If you ever have never read up about cannabis, it is easy to feel confused regarding the product’s recent shot to fame. What makes cannabis or CBD so useful to skincare companies and healthcare professionals? Why is it now an active ingredient in cafes, beauty products, and wellness items? Read on to learn more about CBDfx hemp capsules, the benefits it provides, and what makes it so awesome!
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is a phytocannabinoid found within the Cannabis Sativa plant. The plant contains over a hundred different chemical compounds, with cannabidiol and THC being the most popular. Unlike THC, cannabidiol is not psychoactive, making it safer for extended use. Tetrahydrocannabinol, on the other hand, is the compound responsible for the intoxication we associate with marijuana. The two most popular strains or variants of cannabis are Sativa and Indica. They differ in their concentration of cannabidiol and THC, making them useful for the extraction of compounds. Companies tend to extract cannabidiol from an industrial variant of cannabis called hemp, which contains low amounts of THC. According to the 2018 Farm Bill, hemp products that contain less than 0.3% THC are legal in the US.
How do hemp extracts work?
Mammals have a complex network of receptors and neurotransmitters that work together to keep the body balanced. The body produces endocannabinoids to interact with this system, called the endocannabinoid system or ECS. Since phytocannabinoids resemble the compounds that our body makes, they can bind with our receptors and neurotransmitters. As a result, these substances can influence and impact several bodily functions. The ECS is responsible for everything from managing our immune response to regulating our sleep patterns.
Hemp extracts interact mainly with our CB1 and CB2 receptors, found in our central and peripheral nervous system. While the former controls cognition, thinking, emotions, and hormone production, the latter influences our immune response. THC and cannabidiol act in different ways because they bind with these receptors in varying degrees. While tetrahydrocannabinol has a more substantive impact on CB1 receptors, cannab9diol influences the latter more effectively. As a result, while THC produces a head-high or intoxication, hemp extracts impact the body in a calming and soothing way.
9 Awesome Things About CBD
- Though CBD and tetrahydrocannabinol are the most popular substances associated with marijuana, they are not the only ones. The cannabis plant features over a hundred different compounds, and other phytocannabinoids have gained popularity in recent years. Delta-8 THC is a popular variant that falls between CBD and THC in terms of benefits and psychoactivity. Additionally, compounds like CBG, CBC, and CBN have also gained prominence for their therapeutic properties.
- Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol, CBD will not get any consumer high as it does not produce mind-altering effects. As a result, these products are safe for use for extended periods and do not pose a risk of addiction or intoxication. Since they serve as natural remedies for various ailments, consumers can ingest these without worrying about adverse side effects.
- Hemp plants grow at a fast pace, and hence companies can achieve higher efficiency and productivity using small areas of land. The plant is robust, sturdy, and competitive with deep roots and requires little to no pesticides to protect itself. Since these roots grow deep, they help provide hemp with the nutrients and water needed while ensuring the topsoil stays rich and supple. Research shows that they have a positive impact on the soil by removing toxins and other heavy metals. Every ton of hemp processes over 1.6 tonnes of carbon, making them effective air purifiers.
- The fast growth phase of hemp improves efficiency and ensures that harvesting allows for easy crop rotation. While certain crops leave the ground exhausted and devoid of nutrients, this is not the case with cannabis, thanks to its deep roots. Extraction methods also typically rely on natural substances, such as pressurized carbon dioxide, rather than toxic solvents. The plants are 100% recyclable and biodegradable, and using products containing hemp can help us save our planet.
- Products containing hemp extracts possess potent anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, making them effective painkillers. They also work as muscle and nerve relaxants while also regulating our immune response to prevent swelling, redness, and excessive inflammation. Hence, gym enthusiasts and athletes can use hemp pills, capsules, tinctures, or topical lotions for pain management. Since they help muscles relax and prevent inflammation, they aid in muscle recovery and growth.
- The FDA recently approved a CBD-based medication called Epidiolex to treat a rare form of pediatric epilepsy. The compounds found within the cannabis plant have several therapeutic benefits that help reduce the frequency and severity of epileptic seizures. Additionally, these compounds also help stimulate our appetite and prevent nausea and vomiting. Its anti-inflammatory properties also help in combating various gastrointestinal issues, including IBS and bloating.
- The relaxing properties of cannabidiol help in calming our nerves and preventing anxiety and depression. It influences our serotonin production and uptake, ensuring we do not experience violent mood swings or bouts of depression. By removing pain and helping us relax, these products can prevent insomnia and help us sleep better at night. Research has shown that cannabidiol possesses Neuroprotectant properties, allowing it to combat neural degeneration. As a result, these products serve as natural remedies for several neurological disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease.
- Humans are not the only people who can benefit from the medicinal and therapeutic properties of cannabis. Since all mammals have an endocannabinoid system, these products can help your pets combat illnesses. Pet products laced with hemp extracts have become one of the fastest-growing verticals in the healthcare industry. Pet treats containing cannabidiol can help your ailing dog or cat feel more relaxed and improve their mobility by reducing inflammation.
- People often forget that the cannabis industry influences and supports the broader elements of environmentalism. Individuals conscious of their carbon footprints can use hemp extracts without worrying. Products containing hemp extracts and the cannabis industry can help the environment heal and grow. The cultivating, processing, harvesting, and shipping of these products occur in natural and organic ways. Being a versatile plant, almost every part of the cannabis plant offers utility, ensuring zero wastage of resources. While the fibrous byproduct of these plants helps produce paper, textiles, and ropes, their seeds work as nutritious rich in fatty and omega acids. Every element of the cannabis plant has several issues, making its cultivation environmentally friendly and safe.
If you care for nature, investing in cannabidiol might be an excellent option for you. By switching from cigarettes to CBD carts, traditional beauty products to ones laced with hemp extracts, we can help heal the environment. These plants have a positive impact on the soil, water table, and air quality. Hence, they are a close ally in the fight against pollution. What is your favorite benefit of hemp? If you want to learn more about how hemp helps improve our environment, follow this space for updates!
Author: Kaitlin Justice