LATEST ROADSTER OFFERS NEW INNOVATIONS AND OPTIONS FOR EUROPE AND ASIA
PALO ALTO, Calif. – Tesla Motors announced in January that the iconic Tesla Roadster is now available with new innovations and options, but only in limited markets. The last version of the historic, limited-production electric supercar will only be available in Europe, Asia and Australia.
“The Tesla Roadster is the first and only of its kind: an electric sports car with exhilarating performance, zero emissions and gorgeous looks,” said Tesla Vice President of Communications, Ricardo Reyes. “This latest version embodies Tesla’s commitment to constant improvement. These Roadsters are our best ever.”
New options and enhanced features of the updated Roadster include:
- Exclusive encore colors – Cosmic Black, Galactic Gray and Magma Orange – with new, complimentary interior colors
- A rear snow cover and improved motor and inverter systems for even better performance in snow and ice
- Improved air conditioning for driver comfort in the hottest months
- Xenon headlamps ideal for rural night driving
- Enhanced front windscreen seals to make the cabin even quieter
- Two new Mobile Connectors available for charging in Europe and Japan
- The Tesla IEC Type 2 (Mennekes) Mobile Connector enables charging from Type 2 stations and outlets, the most common EV charging infrastructure in Europe
- The J1772 Mobile Connector enables charging from a developing infrastructure of public J1772 charge stations in Japan
Updated Roadsters are available now in Europe, Asia and Australia, while they last.
Over 2100 current Roadster owners in at least 31 countries have logged more than 18 million electric miles –and counting.