LOS ANGELES, Nov. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — CODA Automotive, a leading developer of all-electric vehicles, today announced it is offering California residents who purchase a new 2012 CODA electric vehicle (EV) a complimentary home GE WattStation™ Wall-Mount Level 2 EV charger, plus a home assessment and installation* of the charger conducted by Mr. Electric. The incentive, which is available at CODA dealers across California, features CODA Automotive’s preferred charger and charger installation partners. CODA’s Free Home Charging Station promotion, a value worth approximately $2,000, will run through December 2, 2012.
“Being able to completely fuel your CODA at home from empty to full in less than 6 hours with our partner’s GE’s WattStation charger is a convenience that every owner should be able to enjoy,” said Thomas Hausch, CODA Automotive senior vice president of sales, marketing and aftersales. “By eliminating these upfront costs of EV ownership and concerns about charging infrastructure, CODA is continuing its commitment to fulfilling its mission of putting an electric vehicle in every garage. When consumers realize that owning an EV provides significantly lower running costs, gives them full access to the carpool lane, allows them to avoid high gas prices forever and enjoy federal and state tax incentives of up to $10,000 in California and more – going electric today is an effective and fun solution.”
While public electric vehicle fueling locations are increasing every day, a study conducted by the California Center for Sustainable Energy shows that 91 percent of plug-in electric vehicle (PEV) owners in California have installed a residential charger; the US Department of Energy’s Vehicle Technologies Program finds three out of four owners still primarily charge at home. A Level 2 EVSE enables customers to top off or recharge quickly by simply plugging in their EV when they come home. In addition to leaving home ‘full’ everyday, EV drivers are not subjected to the fuel inflation that gas- or diesel-powered car drivers experience. GE WattStation Wall-Mount chargers should also add to a home’s value, and its smart grid-enabled technology will support accessing lower electricity usage rates over time.
The new 2012 CODA is the first all-electric five-passenger, compact sedan with full rear seating and trunk space that meets American drivers’ daily transportation needs without an ounce of gasoline:
- Best-in-class driving range(1): The 31kWh 2012 CODA mileage vehicle features an EPA rated combined range of 88 miles per charge. Depending on driving habits and other factors, it can be driven up to 125 miles on a single charge, nearly four times the average daily commute(2).
- Fast and easy recharging: A 6.6kW onboard charging capability provides a full charge in less than six hours on 240 V (Level 2 EVSE)(3).
- Reliable EV Battery Technology: The CODA sedan is powered by an efficient Lithium-iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery pack with an industry leading 10-year, 100,000-mile limited battery warranty.
- Dependable range: The active thermal management system provides constant battery care to help optimize the battery pack’s performance in hot and cold weather conditions(1).
- Available now in California: The 31kWh 2012 CODA has a MSRP of $37,250. In California, federal and individual state tax saving and credits may bring the price down to $27,250(4) before the promotion.
CODA’s Free Home Charging Station promotion is comprised of a giveaway of an GE WattStation Wall-Mount EVSE and point-of-sale rebate for the EVSE installation*,available for California residents from CODA dealers through December 2, 2012. Consumers can contact a CODA dealer for test drives and more information: CODA Los Angeles; CODA of Silicon Valley; Fladeboe CODA in Irvine, Calif.; and Marvin K. Brown CODA San Diego.