Let’s talk Tesla Cybertruck folks. As TechCrunch puts it best in some ways but holy Tesla Cybertruck folks! Tesla receiving 146,000 reservations to order the Tesla Cybertruck. Pulling in over $8B in orders. This is just two days after the company’s CEO Elon Musk unveiled the futuristic and angled vehicle.
In addition, reservations require a $100 refundable deposit. TechCrunch consequently questioning: How many of those deposits will convert to actual orders for the Tesla Cybertruck? I mean really? These are currently between $39,900 and $69,900. That’s easy to predict. These people are going to get these trucks. Even if the deposited doesn’t buy it, someone will. You will all see. It’s easy to predict.
Now there will be plenty of speculation over the next two years which will be nonsense. However production of the tri-motor variant of the Tesla cybertruck is expected to begin in late 2022. According to TechCrunch this came from Tesla.
Musk tweeted Saturday that 146,000 Tesla Cybertruck orders have been made so far. Of those, 41% picked the most expensive tri-motor option and 42% of future customers chose the dual motor version. The remaining 17% picked the cheapest single-motor model.
As InsideEVs adds:
There were rumors even about 200,000+ reservations.
In conclusion and as shown above, Elon Musk tweeting these got bought “With no advertising & no paid endorsement.”
So despite its look it’s breaking through. I mean this revolutionary design of this pickup “requires time to be fully understood and appreciated”. However shown above even after the shattered glass FUp they showed video of it not happening. So I give them more credit than news folks.
Dimensions & Weight
- Range: 500+ miles
- 0-60 mph acceleration: <2.9 seconds
- Towing capacity: More than 14,000 lbs
- Payload: Up to 3,500 lbs
- Vault length: 6.5 feet
- Storage capacity: 100 cubic feet of exterior, lockable storage including the vault, frunk, and sail pillars.
- Suspension: 4” in either direction
- Touchscreen size: 17”
- Body: Ultra-Hard 30X Cold-Rolled stainless steel. If there was something better, we’d use it.
- Seating capacity: Up to six adults
- Finally Charging: Can be charged at home, at Destination Charging locations, and with our network of more than 14,000 Superchargers, including on our newest V3 technology, which is helpful for long hauls and towing.
Tesla Cybertruck Pickup Truck Debut definitely went after the Ford F-150.