Powertrain and Battery
- 201-horsepower electric motor with 291 lb.-ft. of torque
- Charging protocol changed to CCS and battery can now charge at 100kW which I love!
- Combined Charging System (CCS) DC fast-charge is standard equipment. So that’s approximately 100-mile recharge in 30 minutes or 80 percent total battery capacity in 75 minutes.
- Level 2 (240v) at 7.2 kWh charger needs approximately 9.5 hours for a full charge.
- Charge time and range based on 50 kW charger performed at 200 amps. Also 77 degrees Fahrenheit battery temperature, and under 10% battery State of Charge. Actual range will vary with options. For that’s driving conditions, driving habits, vehicle maintenance, charging practice. Also the battery age, weather, temperature and your vehicle’s condition. Battery capacity will decrease with time and use. Frequent use of DC fast charging can negatively impact battery performance and durability. . So Kia recommends minimizing use of DC fast charging
The Driving Experience — A Blast on the Road and Flexible, Too
- Four drive modes – Eco, Normal, Sport and Eco+. Each that automatically adjust regenerative braking level, air conditioning and heating settings, and even set speed limits to help manage operating efficiency.
- Smart regenerative braking operated via paddle shifters provides drivers the ability to slow the car and capture kinetic energy. The Cadillac ELR had this too. For it’s returning energy to the battery and adding extra range. Drivers can choose from four regen braking levels (0 to 3) depending on how aggressive drivers want the regen effort and energy efficiency (range) needs.
- Brake and Hold System feature allows regen paddle shifter to bring the car to a full stop. Thereby adding energy to the battery that would be lost using normal braking.
- Smart Regen System adjusts the regenerative braking level based on a vehicle being detected in front of the Niro EV. That’s to create smoother coast-down driving. For that’s especially when descending a steep road.
- Smart Eco Pedal Guide display on the instrument cluster. All that helps to keep the driver aware of real-time power distribution based on accelerator pedal input.
NIRO EV HIGHLIGHT – WHAT IS THAT SOUND?
Design – A Unique Expression of a Successful Style
Technology — Equipment-Rich, Advanced Connectivity, Safety Features, and Driver Assistance Systems
New for Niro EV is a revamped UVO telematics system. One that allows owners to monitor and control a long list of vehicle operations. For that’s including:
NIRO EV HIGHLIGHT – BATTERY COMPOSITION
Made in Korea, Coming to America
- So that 8-inch color navigation touchscreen. Moreover that power tilt/slide sunroof.
- In addition the 8-speaker Harman/Kardon premium audio system. Also with an external amplifier and subwoofer.
- I also like the auto-dimming mirror with Homelink. In the winter I always dig a heated steering wheel. Did I say I or mention which I love in the winter.
- Another option I always love is LED exterior and interior lighting. Let’s not forget I always love the mood lighting.
- Parking distance warning. All which includes forward and reverse. Finally and a deluxe scuff plate.
Source: Kia Motors