The U.S. Department of Energy estimates that the amount of energy lost annually through windows is $35 billion. Furthermore, the DOE states that the average American household spends between $1,500 and $2,000 every year on energy bills. Furthermore, it estimates that 45 percent of that amount spent on heating and cooling. Most of heat and cold that is lost can be attributed to windows. That’s whether they are old and aged or they are simply woefully unsuccessful models of energy efficiency.
Brite, I mean some are straight forward for example:
1. energy star appliances
2. In addition let’s not forget green logograms LED bulbs.
3. In addition windows and insulation
4. Energy efficient power strips
5. MOST importantly, Maintain your heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC)! Get it cleaned and maintained because I know from experience it’ll save energy costs without question! The things my local HVAC Guy teaches me every time! So much information! So much!
6. Don’t forget water costs. Yes they are a utility folks so here start using water saving faucets etc
7. Consult your local home energy performance contractor!
8. Finally, save energy with Programmable thermostats too. Why, because they finally rock!