Following the public debut of the Jaguar I-PACE at the Geneva Motor Show, Jaguar announced that the brand’s first-ever battery electric vehicle priced from $69,500 in the U.S. before federal and local government incentives. Yet now it’s even cheaper! They dropped this price! We will also be back with a new story very very shortly. One with an updated price.
Following its public début at the Geneva Motor Show, Jaguar announced U.S. pricing for the 2019 Jaguar I-PACE.
Priced from $69,500 before federal and local government incentives. So the Jaguar I-PACE establishes a new mid-size premium battery electric vehicle (BEV) segment.
As a result, it’s featuring a 90kWh battery. So the I-PACE delivers an estimated range of more to 240 miles and 0-60mph acceleration. That’s in as little as 4.5 seconds. Please note more importantly also on its way to a top speed of 124mph!
I-PACE owners will have convenience of using both AC and DC power to charge their vehicle. One with 0-80 percent charge achievable in about 40 minutes. That’s using a 100kW public fast charger. If you’re home, it’s just over 10 hours using a 230V/32amp charger.
CHARGING AT HOME
In-home charging facilitated by the vehicle’s 7kW on-board charger and a Mode 2 universal cable which will ship with the vehicle as standard. Using the mode 2 charger, I-PACE customers will be able to charge via a domestic 110V or 230V wall socket.
Customers may also chose to have a Level 2, 230V/32amp charger installed inside or outside of their home. To help Jaguar customers have home chargers installed, Jaguar Land Rover will be developing a nationwide network of certified independent electricians, which will be the subject of a future announcement.
DEALER NETWORK PLUS EV INVESTMENTS
A lot is happening i conjunction and with expanding the Jaguar and Land Rover model lineups. So including its first electrified vehicles, Jaguar and Land Rover retailers have committed to invest $1.5B. All on new facilities and enhanced owner experiences over the next 5 years in North America. The new retail facility design standard to be adopted by retailers nationwide creates modern dual branded retail environments. There are more noteworthy 207 total dealerships in the United States. As well as including 166 Jaguar franchises.
In addition, retailers have also heavily invested in the training of their sales and service. Therefore personnel to better understand the EV market. So concerns with owners may have throughout the purchase process. All the intricacies on how to repair these vehicles. Moreover how to do so safely.
Finally, Jaguar & Land Rover retailers have already begun installation of electric vehicle charging equipment. I saw the dealership in Greenburgh, NY install chargers. They are there selling them and they are on discount.
All have been getting ready to sell and service Jaguar and Land Rover electrified vehicles. That’s since the second half of 2018.
Final Notes Disclosure
(1) All prices shown are Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes $995 destination/handling charge, tax, title, license, and retailer fees, all due at signing, and optional equipment. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for details.
(2) Figures shown are Manufacturer’s fuel economy and driving range estimates. Actual range may vary. EPA estimates not available at time of publication. See your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for updated EPA estimates.
(3) Figures for charging are Manufacturer’s estimates based on best information available at time of publication. Charging time will vary by market, power supply and charging solution. Please refer to www.jaguarusa.com for more information.
(4) Always follow local speed limits.
(5) For complete details about Jaguar EliteCare coverage, please visit JAGUARUSA.COM, call 1.800.4.JAGUAR or visit your local Jaguar Retailer.
Source: Jaguar, Jaguar Land Rover, (MAHWAH, N.J.) – March 6, 2018