Philips introduces hue, the world’s first Web-enabled LED home lighting system available direct to the consumer. Offered exclusively through Apple stores beginning October 30, the hue starter kit includes three LED bulbs that fit into any standard light fixture, a bridge that connects to existing wireless routers.
Philips hue sets up in minutes and, with a quick download of the hue application, the system can be controlled from any iOS or Android device. From the app, consumers can remotely control their home lighting for added security, personalize their lighting experience with custom settings, or program timers to help manage daily schedules, all through the convenience of their smart device.
Philips hue can:
• Eliminate the guesswork in what bulb to buy, offering tunable white light, from cool to warm based on personal preference
• Achieve a color rendering index of over 90 in the white range, closely mimicking the color qualities of an incandescent
• Provide more than 16 million colors to customize the lighting in each room
• Be set as a gentle wake up light or help one go to sleep
• Relive personal experiences by mimicking the colors in photos by simply dragging and dropping within the app
• Turn on/turn off lights when not at home
• Save light settings and easily recall them from a smart device
• Manage up to 50 hue bulbs from one device and allow each bulb to be controlled individually
• Reduce energy consumption with 8.5 watt bulbs that are 80% more energy efficient than traditional light bulbs
• Using the ZigBee LightLink standard, hue bulbs can communicate with each other
• Software updates for the bulbs are done automatically via the bridge and the bulbs
Hue starter kits will retail for $199 and are available at Apple stores nationwide. Additional bulbs will be available at $59. For more information about hue and its capabilities, please visit www.meethue.com.
More On Green Living News from The Green Living Guy:
The Suburbs, Unplugged (NYPA/THINK Clean Commute Program)- NY Times
GE Technology and How It Will Help Integrate Electric Vehicles
Green Students Bring New Energy Ideas Northwest Style
- Green Lighting by Seth Leitman, Brian Clark Howard and Bill Brinsky
- Solar Power For Your Home by David Findley
- Renewable Energies For Your Home by Russel Gehrke
- Do-it-Yourself Home Energy Audits by David Findley
- Build Your Own Small Wind Power System!!